10 Things To Think About When Considering Frontpage Web Hosting
by: Charles Waters
Its not hard to find Frontpage Web Hosting. Just do a google search and youre likely to find hundreds of sites that provide it. But there are some things that youll want to look for and consider.
1) What version of Frontpage are you using? This is important because Frontpage features are implemented through the use of Frontpage Extensions and those extensions are different between each version. So youll need to make sure that the Frontpage Host you select supports the Frontpage extensions for your particular version.
2) Do you really need a site that supports Frontpage extensions? This may seem strange, but youll find that there are two primary hosting types; Linux based and Windows based. The Linux based hosts are generally a bit cheaper than Windows based hosting. If you have no plans to take advantage of Frontpage extensions, and youre only using Frontpage to create HTML documents, then regular Linux hosting will do fine.
3) Dont use Frontpage Extensions if you really dont have to. These extensions will give you the ability to do creative things (flashing text, calanders, etc) that dont really add value to your website. Consider this risk as Microsoft updates its software, they may change a Frontpage extension in such a way that your websites may not work. If this happens, you would have to rewrite your web page with updated references to extensions to make it work again.
4) Is the host reliable? There are literally THOUSANDS of Frontpage Web Hosting providers on the market. All you need to set up a web host business is a Windows based server and an Internet connection. You, the home users, really have no idea if the host is reliable or not. For this reason, its a good idea to check Frontpage hosting providers ratings before making a selection. Use a service like:
5) How long do they want you to sign up for? Typically, a web host will have a monthly contract with price breaks if you prepay for longer terms. You dont have to be crazy and buy 5 years. 1 year will do. Also, along with your Frontpage hosting account, youre going to have to purchase a domain name. Generally, I do this through the same company, but you dont have to do it this way. For example, on occasion, a domain name registrar called RegisterFly will offer .info domains for as little as .60 per year. Normally you would expect to pay about $5.00 per year, so this is a great discount. Ive purchased hundreds of domains through RegisterFly and am very happy with them.
6) Does your Frontpage Web Host have a simple to use web front end for administering your site? This makes things much easier. You will undoubtedly be creating a directory structure, uploading files, changing file permissions, etc, while you develop your site. Having a convenient web based portal for administering these changes makes things nice.
7) How many e-mail accounts will your Frontpage Web Host provide? Normally this is a non-issue, but if youre setting up a website for a business and they need e-mail addresses to go along with their web hosting service, then youll want to confirm that enough e-mail addresses are provided by the host. Lately, Ive noticed this number going up and up and up. A few years ago, 5 e-mail addresses was normal. Now, Ill get hundreds per domain (which I never use).
8) How much space will your Frontpage Web Host provide? Again, this number is going up and up and up. But dont be caught off guard. Make sure they will provide enough space for your needs. Typically, youll see 100 MB or so for cheaper accounts. Unless you have a vast database that will be part of your site, this is generally more than enough.
9) Will your Frontpage Web Host put a cap on the amount of bandwidth you can consume? If you expect to get lots of visitors to your website, make sure your hosting provide will supply the bandwidth. I recently ran into a problem with on of my accounts because a graphics intensive page was referenced by a very popular authority site, I consumed my allotted bandwidth for the month, in 2 days. They kept my account operations, but I had to pay extra for the bandwidth consumption. Other sites have been turned off due to excessive bandwidth consumption.
10) Finally, will your Frontpage Web Host allow you to register domain names privately? This is a feature of Domain Registration where your private information remains private. When someone performs a Whois on your domain, they would see the contact information for the web host. This is nice if you plan to put up many, many sites and want to avoid any spam.
I would say that choosing a Frontpage Web Host is only slightly more difficult than choosing a Linux Host. If you check some of those review sites that I mentioned above, you can be confident that youll find a Frontpage host that will provide excellent service to you. You can find out more about Frontpage Web Hosting here ->
About The Author
Charles Waters has been developing web sites for several years as part of his Affiliate Marketing strategy. In the beginning, he used Frontpage extensively, but over the last few years has migrated to the cheaper, more ubiquitous Linux hosting. See
for more information.
Examples of the asp web hosting :
Reliable Windows 2000 ASP, ASP.NET and FrontPage Web Hosting
are the leaders in affordable web hosting & design, with
feature packed hosting plans from just $1 a month,
high-speed internet connections and thousands of clients worldwide.
Easy to use Control Panel, Virus Scanner, SPAM filter,
50 Free Website Templates,
New! Online Site Builder
, Fantastico! Script Installer with 30 Free Scripts, Shopping Cart, WebMail, Unlimited FTP, Sub Domains, Daily Backups, Awstats Statistics, PHP, CGI, MySQL, MS Frontpage Extensions and much more.
State of the art US Data Center, High Speed Internet Connections, 99.9% Uptime, No Banners or pop-ups
30-Day money back guarantee, secure payment by credit card or PayPal